Tips for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and, let’s be honest, kids aren’t always the best when it comes to indulging mom on this special day. To help, Hormel Foods has come up with some pampering tips and easy meal ideas that even kids can handle – perhaps with a little help from dad...
For the perfect start to Mother’s Day – offer breakfast, or – let her sleep in and offer lunch, in bed. Surprising mom can be as easy as 1-2-3 with the meal ideas below from Joan Hanson, test kitchen director of Hormel Foods:
- Top toasted frozen waffles with Hormel® Cure 81® ham, strawberries and maple syrup.
- Spread toast with cream cheese. Make a heart in the center of the toast with blueberries. Spoon strawberry jam in the middle of the heart.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on a tortilla. Spell out "M O M" with Hormel® pepperoni slices. Heat in microwave oven 60 seconds to melt the cheese.
The day doesn’t stop there...surprise Mom with some special pampering. Here are a few traditional and non-traditional tips to make her day special:
- Give the gift of time. Print out coupons for her to redeem. Include items like laundry, dish washing, foot rubs and cleaning.
- Use craft glue to decorate a picture frame. Use items like buttons, silk flowers and shells. Include your favorite picture or write a poem for the frame.
- Burn a CD with Mom’s favorite songs. Decorate the CD case and cover.
- Serve mom a special cup of coffee. Dip colored plastic spoons in melted chocolate and top with sprinkles. Wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon. Add a picture attached to cardboard as the name tag.